The Indian Premier League was started in 2008 and has become a sensational tournament since then. It has one of the highest viewerships all over the world and is arguably the most popular tournament in India and other cricketing countries. Cricket fans worldwide look forward to this league to support their teams. IPL is a great opportunity for new players to shine and gain popularity through massive viewership of the tournament, and make a place for themselves in the industry.
IPL fans are always looking for the latest news, making ipl2021 fresh news a trending topic everywhere. Fans want to know the latest happenings in the franchises and are curious about ipl 2021 fresh news. At the moment, the IPL auction for players has been completed and IPL teams for this year are starting to take some shape. In this article, we will see players from each team who may have to be benched in the IPL 2021.
- RCB: KS Bharat. This wicketkeeper-batsman may not get a chance to play this year, as the Bangalore team already has two great wicket-keeper/batsmen like AB De Villiers and Josh Philippe. AB is likely the first choice while Philippe can play in his absence.
- CSK: R Sai Kishore. Despite having a good record, he may have to be on the sidelines as CSK has too many options for spin bowlers, like Imran Tahir, Moeen Ali, Krishnappa Gowtham, Mitchell Santner, and Ravindra Jadeja in their squad. He was benched in IPL 2020 too.
- RR: David Miller. Miller is a capable player, but there are many overseas options available with RR and they can include only 4 foreign players in their squad. Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, and Jofra Archer will most likely occupy 3 of the 4 slots and the 4th slot will be given to Chris Morris considering the amount spent on him.
- DC: Tom Curran. Curran was picked by DC as a backup for their all-rounder Marcus Stoinis. So, chances are that Tom Curran will be picked in the playing XI are bleak.
- KKR: Tim Seifert. KKR kept Tim Seifert ahead of IPL 2021 despite him not getting a single game in IPL 2020. Dinesh Karthik will likely be the first-choice wicketkeeper-batsman and Seifert might have to wait another season for his debut game.
- SRH: Mujeeb ur Rahman. SRH already has many options to fill the 4 overseas slots, so the chances of Rahman being picked are rare. Apart from Rashid Khan, David Warner and one among Kane Williamson or Jonny Bairstow, an all-rounder like Jason Holder or Mitchell Marsh may be added by SRH to balance the squad.
- PBKS: Fabian Allen. Punjab Kings has an excess of overseas players for the 4 slots. They have options like Chris Gayle, Dawid Malan, Jhye Richardson, Riley Meredith, etc., so Fabian might not get a chance in IPL 2021.
- MI: Arjun Tendulkar. Mumbai has one of the most competent squads among all the teams, so chances of him playing are bleak. Arjun would have to work really hard before he can make his debut with MI in IPL 2021.