The Indian Premier League is one of the most sought-after cricket tournaments in India. Started in 2008, the once humble cricket tournament has now become a full-blown fest of cricketing joy. Millions of fans all over the world wait the entire year to watch the matches and support their favorite teams. Not only is it wildly popular in India, but viewers from around the world also enjoy the league just as much. With participation from cricketers all over the world, there is much diversity in the teams participating in IPL.
Every avid cricket fan wants to know the ipl 2021 fresh news for this year. Most fans want to stay updated on the latest happenings in this year’s much-anticipated league. As of now, the auction for IPL teams has taken place and the teams for this year have taken shape. Many fresh players have been picked for teams this year. Since IPL has such a huge viewership all over the world, this is a really good chance for new players to perform well and make a name for themselves in this industry. In this article, we will list out some of the lesser-known cricketers that have been picked up for IPL 2021.
- Chetan Sakariya: This 23-year-old left-handed fast bowler has been picked up by Rajasthan Royals for IPL 2021 at a price of Rs. 1.2 crores at this year’s auction. He has an impressive bowling record in domestic cricket, playing for the Saurashtra cricket team. He has picked up 12 wickets in just 5 matches while playing for the team. He was finally picked by Rajasthan Royals after a bidding war with Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Mohammed Azharuddin: He’s been in the news for smashing a century in the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 League, scoring 137 runs on 52 balls while playing for Kerala against Mumbai. This 26-year-old Kerala player has been picked up by Royal Challengers Bangalore for his base price of Rs. 20 Lakhs.
- Harishankar Reddy: This 22-year-old is one of the few quality fast bowlers in the Indian domestic cricket scene. His performance in the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 League has been quite impressive and has given him much-needed traction. He came in the limelight when he was spotted delivering yorkers at a local match. Chennai Super Kings picked up this fast bowler for his base price of Rs. 20 Lakhs.
- Shahrukh Khan: Not to confuse with the famous actor, this 25-year-old has caught the eyes of several spectators for IPL 2021. He has been an important part of the Tamil Nadu state team since 2014. He is a lower-order batsman who can also bowl well. He has been picked up by Punjab Kings for a whopping Rs. 5.25 crores.
- Marco Jansen: This young international player has reportedly been on Mumbai Indians’ radar for two years, under their program of scouting young international talents. He has shown a great record in South African domestic cricket and is all set to play for Mumbai Indians in IPL 2021.