Ever since the Indian Premier League started in 2008, it has become an integral part of the Indian cricket scenario. It is one of the most sought-after tournaments in the country with the highest viewership. This cricket tournament is not only watched in India but all over the world. It is possibly one of the most popular cricket tournaments in India and other cricketing countries. Cricket fans globally wait for the annual IPL matches to support their favorite players and teams. The franchise has also been very successful in selling merchandise, thanks to the wild popularity.
IPL fans are always looking for the latest news, so it’s no surprise that ipl2021 fresh news is trending everywhere. Fans want to know every detail and every happening in the teams and are curious about ipl 2021 fresh news for this year. The first step towards the IPL season is its auction. The auction for IPL 2021 has been completed and this time a lot of new players have been picked, while some veterans were left unsold. This year’s auction made a lot of buzz due to the new price records set by teams this year. In this article, we will see the top 10 most expensive players in the IPL 2021 auction.
- Chris Morris: This was the most expensive buy in the history of IPL auctions. The South African all-rounder was picked up by Rajasthan Royals for a whopping Rs. 16.25 cr ($2.2mn).
- Kyle Jamieson: The second most expensive buy this season was the New Zealand all rounder. He was bagged by Royal Challengers Bangalore for a hefty price tag of Rs. 15 cr ($2.06mn).
- Glenn Maxwell: The Royal Challengers Bangalore picked up the Australian cricket for an astonishing Rs. 14.25 cr ($1.96mn). He was high in demand despite his poor performance last season for Punjab Kings.
- Jhye Richardson: Being one of the top bowlers, the Australian player was picked up for Rs. 14 cr ($1.9mn) by Punjab Kings.
- Krishnappa Gowtham: This Indian player was picked up by Chennai Super Kings for Rs. 9.25 cr ($1.27mn), making him the most expensive Indian player not only in IPL 2021 but also in IPL history.
- Riley Meredith: The Australian pacer was bagged by Punjab Kings for Rs. 8 cr ($1.1mn). He entered the auction with a base price of Rs. 40 lakhs.
- Moeen Ali: Though IPL 2020 was a little rough for this English all-rounder, he still went to score one of the highest prices of Rs. 7 cr ($963k) and was bagged by Chennai Super Kings.
- Shahrukh Khan: This Indian player was one of the most looked forward to and the price says the same story. He was bagged by Punjab Kings for Rs. 5.25 cr ($722k).
- Tom Curran: Playing the last season with Rajasthan Royals, the English player was picked up by Delhi Capitals this year for Rs. 5.25 cr ($722k).
- Nathan Coulter Nile: The Australian all-rounder was released by Mumbai Indians but was bagged by the same team for Rs. 5 cr ($688k) for IPL 2021.