The Indian Premier League is one of the cricket tournaments which has the highest viewership all over the world. Begun in 2008, this cricket tournament has now become one of the most sought-after leagues in the country. Fans from all over the world look forward to this the entire year to support their favorite teams. It is extremely popular in India and also in other cricket-playing countries. Cricketers from all over the world participate in the IPL, which makes for diverse teams across the board and brings all cricket fans together. IPL is a great opportunity for new players to shine through their performance and make a mark in the industry.
IPL fans want to stay on top of every happening in the league and want to know the ipl 2021 fresh news for this year. Most fans like to stay updated on the latest happenings, right from the auction till the day of the finals. As of now, the auction for IPL teams has been done and dusted and the teams for this year have been selected. Many fresh players have been picked for teams this year while many were left unsold. There could be various reasons as to why these players were not picked up this year, ranging from recent and past performances, their availability, and fund availability. In this article, we will list out some of the notable players that were left unsold for IPL 2021.
- Hanuma Vihari: Base price – Rs. 1 cr. He plays for Andhra Pradesh in Indian domestic cricket. He was a part of the team that won the 2012 ICC Under-19 World Cup. The 27-year-old is a right-handed batsman and bowler. He has played for Sunrisers Hyderabad and Delhi Capitals before.
- Alex Hales: Base price – Rs. 1.5 cr. He is an English cricketer who plays for Nottinghamshire and the England cricket team. The 32-year-old is a right-handed opening batsman who has played for Sunrisers Hyderabad and Mumbai Indians before.
- Aaron Finch: Base price – Rs. 1.5 cr. He is an Australian cricketer and captains the Australian cricket team in limited-overs matches. He is a 34-year-old right-handed batsman and left-arm orthodox bowler. He has played for Delhi Capitals, Pune Warriors, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Gujarat Lions, Punjab Kings, and Royal Challengers Bangalore before.
- Adil Rashid: Base price – Rs. 1.5 cr. He is an English cricketer who plays for Yorkshire and England cricket team. He is a 33-year-old right-arm leg-break bowler.
- Sheldon Cottrell: Base price – Rs. 1 cr. He is a Jamaican cricketer and plays for the West Indies cricket team. The 31-year-old is a left-arm fast-medium bowler and a right-handed batsman.
- Martin Guptill: Base price – Rs. 50 lakhs. He is a New Zealand cricketer. The 34-year-old plays as an opening right-handed batsman and right-arm off-break bowler. He has played for Punjab Kings, Sunrisers Hyderabad, and Mumbai Indians before.
- Jason Roy: Base price – Rs. 2 cr. He is a South Africa-born, English cricketer who plays for all forms of cricket for England. The 30-year-old is a right-handed batsman. He has played for Delhi Capitals before.